Monday, February 23, 2009

Stimulus Package / Oscars

OK just watching the market again today and it just blows. The fear of nationalization of our banking system has really ripped the financial sector. It is up when I write this because the administration has backed off any talk of nationalization by taking a larger stake in Citibank. They might as well run the darn thing with the amount they are putting in ! How long do you think this downturn will be ? Do any of the economists really know ?

President Obama has the plan to tax families over 250K a year and give tax breaks to the middle class beneath that-but I'll tell ya I don't see alot of people that make that running around buying new cars and houses either. People are pulling back their spending and increasing taxes on those with some form of discretionary income is not a stimulus.

Oscars were great! I did miss a few parts putting Colin to sleep, but really enjoyed Hugh.
I thought he was spot on-Bill Maher not my cup of tea.

Was it just me or is Heath Ledgers sister quite pretty. I could not help but think someone there would want to put her in front of a camera.

Mickey R. is crazy! What does your face look like as a parent when he shows up dressed like that to take your daughter out :)

Did not see his movie, but kind of wished he nabbed the Oscar based on what everyone says he has gone through, and the loss of his beloved dog. I know I would vote for him based on that.....a sucker for a sob story.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK Val, why has no one commented on your blogs?

The U.S. is not the country that it was. I understand why they want to put money into the banks, because if they do not, the investors will pull all of their money and there will be no money to loan. Since a Democrat was voted in and we have a Democratic Congress, people are going to expect a Democratic financial system. Obama has made that clear by "declaring he is going to spread the wealth" Sorry, but I am not going to work 14-16 hours a day to take care of someone else, when I have my own family to take care of. And yes! I work for myself trying to create other jobs for other people who think just because you own a business, you have money. It is very sad what is happening to this country, very sad!

Unknown said...

Sorry, I forgot to comment on the Oscars. Who knew Jack could sing?? He did a great job!! Natalie Portman was stunning, Miley should have arrived in her bubble. I am happy that Mickey R has found his way back. He is a great actor. It was great to recognize some of the great actors on stage who had won in the past. Slumdog deserved best pic! Kate Winslet was a slam dunk, not sure about Sean Penn, it should have gone to Brad Pitt.