Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Update on our Love :)

My wife sent this note out to our family: She is the best Mom I could have ever asked for to our son:

Hello Everyone, We wanted to give you an update on Colin, and thank all of you for your positive thoughts and prayers that you have sent our way. We had an appointment on Friday with the Hematology/Oncology Dr.'s. They were really great with Colin and assured us that they don't see anything that is pointing to any type of cancer. They are also reassured by the fact that Colin doesn't look or act sick. He is growing developmentally and physically like a weed! However, they do want to do a bone marrow biopsy. The Dr.'s want to make sure that there is nothing "hiding" in Colin's bone marrow that could be causing his daily fever. He has had a fever at some point during the day or night for the past 7 weeks. The Dr.'s scheduled the bone marrow biopsy for December 1st. It is an outpatient procedure, and he will be completely asleep. We are confident in their skill and knowledge, but we ask you to pray for all the Dr.'s and technicians as they perform this procedure on Colin. We also ask that you pray for Colin's quick recovery. The Dr.'s are also going to do a full body CT scan under sedation, but that has not been scheduled yet.

8 comments:

mckay said...

tons of prayers are coming your way for Collin and his parents. it's got to be stressful for you both.

peace,
mck.

Unknown said...

Dear Valentine,

Our prayers are always with you and your family. I am sure nothing will happen to your little boy. You make people laugh every stressful days of their life; God will not take your happiness away from you.

Happy holiday

Karen M. Peterson said...

Your poor little guy! We'll be thinking of you and praying that the doctors can finally figure this out!

Tira J said...

Just got to work and heard about Colin's procedure today. We will be praying for him!

reyli22 said...

Iam praying for your son and for his parnets

Tany D said...

You have been on my mind all day, since I heard you ask for prayers. I went through a similar situation with my son 7 years ago. I know how emotional and stressful it is and my heart and prayers are with you. I hope and pray you have a good outcome as did we.
God Bless.

Unknown said...

I wasn't able to hear the results. Is Collin ok?

g2smommy said...

I just read your post and I had wondered for a long time what had been going on. You never went into details on the air ( i am sure for certain reasons) But i cried before i even got halfway thru the letter from Leilani. I will pray for you and Colin as I have 2 little ones of my own and know how hard it is when you want to "make it all better" and you can't.
Hugs,
Enid