Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Taking time....

There are 3 kinds of people in this world.

1 Those who will do something for you and look for something in return.

2 Those who will do something for you and not look for anything in return but rather they keep a mental note: "yeah I did something for them..." They never really forget the favor.

3 Those who will do something for you and never look for anything in return. You were there to be helped and it was their duty as a fellow human being to do just that.

Always amazing to me when someone takes time to make a difference in the life of another. So many of us do not understand how something small can mean so much and have such a cascading effect.

A guy held the door for me the other day walking out of the building (something I commonly do as well), I of course thanked him.

I in turn held the door for a young lady later that day who blew right past me talking on her phone. I told her she was welcome.

I am working towards number 3.

No comments: