Thursday, August 6, 2009

Am I a Nerd ?

It may be a sign of some sorts…my age maybe coming into play, a desire to find some peaceful “Zen” like moments ?  Nonetheless I am sitting here with a book on Knots and Ropework.  Bends, loops, hitches and whippings-here I come.  I guess as we get older we do look for a hobby of some account. Not sure this will be mine, as in the end as I have clearly taken a break to inform you of my noble endeavor. An endeavor in which  any boy who paid attention in Boy Scouts would clearly have a leg up on me.  I do think my point is simple. As we get older it is important to try new things, new hobbies or ones renewed.  Reading and learning as often as we can.  I think all of us have had that sensation that “life” is on the fast-track, so why not take a pause for something that entertains the intellect? And after finishing “The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Knots and Ropework”  I am convinced that I will be able to teach my son Colin to tie his shoe…or at least tie up his toy boats the to the tub faucet.

No comments: