Monday, August 3, 2009

Small Things

It amazes me sometimes how the smallest things can make your day.  Colin is 16 months this week and today he just made me smile so big :)  I mean think about yours and mine-here he is just roughly 480 days into this world and he has grown so much.  Conversely I am well over 14,600 days and feel I have so much to learn.  This moment I speak of comes from Colin’s desire to go play in the backyard after dinner, a bit of a nightly ritual at our house.  We both have matching “Croc’s” so I asked him to go get his shoes so we could go outside.  He walked out of the kitchen into the bedroom, went to his shoebox and came back with the matching “Croc’s”.  I was so proud.  Work can be tiresome, the economy can be taxing, and life can throw you those ever demanding curveballs, but every now and then you have a moment.  Kelly Clarkson really had no idea when she sang that song how many moment's life can truly have……and I hope there are so many more.

No comments: