Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rumors in the air like a thief in the night..

There are rumors of a movie at our house tonight. Right now it is just whispers but they have been flying around all day. Colin is asleep and Leilani is hopping in the shower. I have next to me on “blu-ray” the movie “Iron Man.”  The one thing that stands in the way of this event is sleep.  It tends to sneak up on you. If you do not prepare to battle it, well “it get’s late early out there.”

You must make the decision to try and stay up to see the movie AND not fall asleep going into it.  Saying to yourself and your wife “let’s give it a go” does not work for parents of toddler’s whose dreams are often fantasies of slumber themselves…

24396_p_m

I am unwrapping the DVD now. We are doing this. This will happen. This is my hill and I stand at the ready, resolute in my battle against this creature of the night.

……but I am just a wee bit sleepy….damn you red wine!

Oh God it might as well be hemlock I am doomed.

 

TUNE IN TOMORROW: SAME CHANNEL: SAME TIME: DID THEY STAY AWAKE? DID THEY LIKE THE MOVIE? DID ANYONE CARE ABOUT THIS BLOG POST? AND WHY ARE THESE DAMN DVD PACKAGES SO HARD TO OPEN ?

No comments: